The RS-3 Rail Skate is a lightweight (20 pounds) fabricated steel skate designed to slow down moving rail cars even on a slight downgrade. The RS-3 fits rail heads between 2-1/2″ and 3-3/16″ in width (85-141 lb rail sizes) and prevents flat spots on wheels from occurring as a result of excessive hand brake use. The RS-3 is easily handled by one person, yet offers heavy duty performance that meet track yard requirements.
SD Series derails —
- Incorporate a decreased deflection angle and a new “low-profile” design.
- Will derail all rolling stock, including mainline, six-axle locomotives.
- Made from alloy carbon steel.
- Available in single- or double-end models.
- Available for use with Nolan’s automatic derail operators, air-powered or electric.
Automated Derail Operators:
Air Operated (AOD-1), Electric Operated (EOD-1) —
- For use with all Nolan’s Sliding Derails
- Operated by remote control
- Position Nolan’s sliding derails ON or OFF the rail with just the turn of a key switch