LOW-PROFILE DERAIL DESIGN
- Fabricated from tough carbon steel
- Manufactured using a proven design featuring a lower height above the rail head
- Derails all rolling stock including mainline locomotives when installed and used properly
- Longer Design: A longer derail block allows for a decreased deflection angle, which increases the functionality of the derail.
- Low Profile: The top of the derail block sits just 2-3/4” above the top of the rail head.
- Flexibility: Nolan’s sliding derails come in two sizes, which cover rail sizes 80 lb to 141 lb.
- Easy Installation: The derails’ horizontal base plate is integrated with the derail housing, and this ensures a perfectly aligned derail, eliminating adzing and shimming of the ties. This unique base design requires no tie strapping or rail braces on the field side of the rails. The derail becomes a fixed part of the track.
- Security: Nolan’s sliding derails can be padlocked through the operating stands to ensure visibility and safety, and to prevent unauthorized removal.
See the individual product pages for detailed descriptions and specifications for each type of Nolan derail.Download Brochure